Friday, December 29, 2006
Adsense and Adwords. Know the difference?
Beginner’s guide to google adsense is one of my favorite sections of this blog. Why? Because I’m helping a lot of people who don’t know what Google Adsense really is. They’ve heard of it and maybe know that people can make money from it and that’s it – no more

For this section of the Beginner’s guide to Google Adsense, let’s talk about one of the terms we use a lot when talking about Adsense

Adwords -

This is a program which advertisers use to market their website. When you do a Google search engine search, you will see some white blocks of adverts on the right hand side. These are called Google Adwords

Adwords are charged on a pay per click basis. So if I have a website on selling Google Adsense website templates, then I would setup an Adword account and pay for my advert to appear when related searches are done. I would probably pay 50 cents per click. If 10 people clicks on my Adwords then I will have paid 5 dollars for my advertising campaign.


Adwords can be spread to other areas other than Google’s search engines. They can appear on people’s websites. These are sort of similar to Adswords layout but they are called Adsense. Google Adsense can be customized to look differently and blend in with your website which is one of the major difference with Adwords.
Hope you enjoy this post’s Beginner’s guide to Google Adsense. Stay glued to this section!
 
Add the post to Digg posted by vignesh at 1:35 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: